Ko-fi is a fast and friendly way to earn money from your blog, website or project. Over $30 million has been earned on Ko-fi so far and it’s growing every month!
The money goes directly to you with 0% fees from Ko-fi, it’s completely Free and a great alternative to ads!
Create your free page at ko-fi.com in just a few minutes and link your PayPal or Stripe account to start receiving donations.
Use the Plugin to add a Ko-fi button to any widget area, sidebar or use the shortcode [kofi] to add a button to any page or post.
To install the plugin, please follow the following steps.
- Go to ‘Plugins’and click Add New, search for Ko-fi and install the plugin or upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/Ko-fi-plugin directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings > Ko-fi Settings screen to link to your Ko-fi page and configure the default settings.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add a ‘Ko-fi button’ widget to any Sidebar or Widget area.
- Override any default settings in the widget.
- You can also add your Ko-fi button to any Page or Post using Shortcode [kofi].
What is Ko-fi
Ko-fi is a donation service allowing creators to receive small payments (roughly the price of a coffee) from supporters of their work. Used as an alternative to advertising, Ko-fi helps all types of artists, cosplayers, bloggers, coders and podcasters to fund their passions.
Do Ko-fi take a fee
Nope, we don’t take a fee from your donations. The payment processor will take a small fee for processing the transaction, but Ko-fi is a free service.
What about monthly memberships
Ko-fi offer Ko-fi Gold, a totally optional upgrade which allows creators to receive recurring monthly donations, create supporter only content and build a monthly membership service.
What does the WordPress Plugin do
The WordPress plugin allows WordPress users to easily add a customisable ‚Support me on Ko-fi‘ button to their blog or website. Simply add the plugin, enter your page details and place the widget in a sidebar or widget area.
Alternatively use the [kofi] shortcode in your page or in the shortcode block.
For more information see the help page at ko-fi.com.
Help! The Default Code on my widget has changed
With the release of 1.0.1 your Ko-fi code now comes from the settings page when using the shortcode or a widget.
If you have not set your Ko-fi code in the settings page then simply update the Default Page Name/Id on the settings page, save the change and the widget will automatically pick it up.
I’m getting errors with the widget after upgrading to the block widget editor
In most instances there shouldn’t be any issues upgrading to the block widget editor, but if you do encounter errors try removing the widget, saving, and adding the widget again.
What options are available for the `[kofi]` shortcode?
The following options are available:
type: The type of Ko-fi widget to embed. Either
code: Your Ko-fi username
text: The button text (if using
color: The button background color (if using
You don’t need to provide any of the options unless required, the options will default to the settings from the plugin settings page if not specified.
- Thanks to @mlchaves for his assistance with making the plugin php7.3 compliant.
Ko-fi Button je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
- Fix potential fatal error
- PHP 8 compatibility updates
- Replace third party color picker script with native color picker from WordPress core
- Improve reliability of default coffee code settings
- Code quality improvements
- Fix button alignment bug with themes that support full width aligned blocks
- Fix conflict with Elementor
- Add donation panel widget
- Expand shortcode capabilities to include changing the username and embed the donation panel
- Allow changing the username in the widget
- Additional security checks
- Code quality improvements
- Handle the case with an apostrophe in the button text.
- Tested for button text handling extended characters.
- Align ‚Default Code‘ field name in the Widget with the field name ‚Page Name Or ID‘ on the settings.
- Set the default value in ‚Page Name or ID‘ on the settings to being empty and set the placeholder to ‚supportkofi‘.
- When adding a new widget take the default values from the current Ko-fi settings.
- Re-arrange settings into a more logical order on the settings page.
- Minor Updates to the wording used withhin the plugin and to the use of ‚Ko-fi‘.
- Addition of ability to change button alignment within containing element.
- Bring plugin version in-line with readme.
- Fix hyperlink functionlity.
- Make the ‚Default Code‘ widget field readonly and always the same value as on the settings page.
- Initial release