Bible Verse Display allows you to display a bible verse on your site either in posts/pages or via the included widget. The verse displayed can either be the verse of the day from Biblegateway or a random verse chosen from verses you nominate as your favorites. Multiple versions/languages available.
- To nominate your favorite verses, simply enter in the verse reference. Bible Verse Display will look up the verse for you. No manual typing in of the verse is necessary!
- You can select from several different bible versions
- You can have it display a verse randomly from your favorites, or display Biblegateway’s Verse of the Day
- Verses can be displayed in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Romanian
- Bible Verse Display Widget included
Should work from WordPress 2.9.2.
- Install directly from WordPress (go to Plugins -> Add New)
- Install manually
- Unzip the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Set your preferred settings through the Bible Verse Display section under WordPress‘ Settings menu
- How can I style the verses?
The verses are contained in a div tag whether you use the widget or the shortcode. The div class for the widget is called bvdwidget. For the shortcode, if you do not specify a class in the parameters, the class is called bvdshortcode; otherwise, it is whatever you specified. Simply add the class to your theme’s css file and style it as you desire.
Pro tento plugin nejsou žádné recenze.
Bible Verse Display je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
1.0 — April 1 2010
- Plugin launched
1.1 — April 1 2010
- Fixed bug with regards to the NASV and Favorite verses
- Fixed bug with regards to different versions of biblegateway’s Verse of the Day
- Added class parameter to shortcode
- Added The Message as a Bible version
1.2 — October 29, 2010
- Added a lot more Bible versions (including non-English ones) and changed a bunch of the underlying code to accomodate them
- Added option to tack today’s date onto the end of the widget title (choice of a few date formats)
1.3 — February 25, 2011
- Added the ability to show or hide the version acronym
- Added the ability to use either fopen or CURL
1.4 — March 12, 2011
- Added the ability to use either fopen or CURL for Biblegateway VOTD too. Oops 🙂
1.5 — July 17, 2011
- Updated verse parser to accommodate biblegateway.com’s changed HTML in their verse display
1.6 — September 21, 2012
- Updated verse parser to accommodate biblegateway.com’s change to their method of displaying verses