Add an easy-to-create, stylish FAQ section to your website. Display your frequently asked questions using the supplied shortcode (
[faq]) and show/hide them via an animated, jQuery toggle or accordion box.
The FAQ’s can be displayed in groups by tagging them during the FAQ item’s creation. They can also be loaded closed or open, and for long FAQ’s, there’s a checkbox to add a „return to top“ link at the bottom.
Easy to use and looks great Tried four other big name FAQ plugins before this one. All the others had show stopper issues. This one just worked and looks great.
- Custom Post-Type driven
- jQuery toggle or accordion display when using the shortcode
- Can be displayed individually, or in FAQ groups by using the „group“ taxonomy
Some of our Pro plugins
Some of our other free plugins
You can download and install Arconix FAQ using the built in WordPress plugin installer. If you download the plugin manually, make sure the files are uploaded to
Activate Arconix-FAQ in the „Plugins“ admin panel using the „Activate“ link.
Quick and dirty – how do I display my FAQ’s?
[faq]shortcode in a widget or on a post/page. This will output the FAQ’s using the default settings (Ascending order by Title in a Toggle configuration). If you’d like to use a different order, consult the Documentation for assistance.
How do I enable the accordion display mode?
style="accordion"to the shortcode, e.g.
Where can I find more information on how to use the plugin?
- Visit the documentation for assistance
The toggle or accordion isn’t working. What can I do?
While you can certainly start a thread in the support forum, there are some troubleshooting steps you can take beforehand to help speed up the process.
header.phpfile is likely missing
<?php wp_head(); ?>, which is necessary for the operation of mine and many other plugins.
2. Check to make sure only one copy of jQuery is being loaded. Many times conflicts arise when themes or plugins load jQuery incorrectly, causing the script to be loaded multiple times in multiple versions. In order to find the offending item, start by disabling your plugins one by one until you find the problem. If you’ve disabled all your plugins, try switching to a different them, such as twentyten or twentytwelve to see if the problem is with your theme. Once you’ve found the problem, contact the developer for assistance getting the issue resolved.
I need help
Check out the WordPress support forum
I have a great idea for your plugin!
That’s fantastic! Feel free to open an issue or submit a pull request over at Github, or you can contact me through Twitter, Facebook or my Website
Arconix FAQ je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
Plugin „Arconix FAQ“ byl přeložen do 4 jazyků. Děkujeme všem překladatelům za jejich pomoc.
Přeložte “Arconix FAQ” do svého jazyka.
Zajímá vás vývoj?
Prohledejte kód, podívejte se do SVN repozitáře, nebo se přihlaste k odběru protokolu vývoje pomocí RSS.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Fixed an issue where CRON for tracking was running every minute.
- Updated the CMB library to its latest version.
- Optimized the code with respect to WordPress Coding Standards.
- We have temporarily removed the dashboard widget from the plugin.
- Usage Tracking has been added in the plugin. It provides an option to allow tracking of the non-sensitive data of our plugin from the website. You can read more about it here.
- Bug Fixed – The style=’accordion‘ for the faq shortcode was broken. This has been fixed.
- The plugin is now GDPR compliant.
- Bug Fixed – Some notices of debug log file are fixed.
- You can now exclude certain groups from the FAQs using the exclude_group attribute. The value of this attribute should be the slug of the group.
- You can now hide the titles of the groups using the hide_title attribute for the [faq] shortcode. The value should be true if you want to hide the titles else false.
Fixed a bug which caused the FAQ Group descriptions to output incorrectly when using the accordion style
- Prepared the plugin for translations (yay!)
- Anchor links to group headers are now supported. The format is
faq-group-slug— aka mysite.com/faq/#faq-group-slug
- Allow users to now specify a single FAQ for display
- Fixed a bug which caused some of the FAQ-specific CSS to be output improperly
- Fixed a bug which caused an extra div to be output, breaking some site layouts.
- Fixed a typo when saving/updating FAQ’s
Fixed a FAQ title display bug
- Added the ability to display the FAQ’s in a single list even if groups are in use.
- FAQ’s can now be displayed in a jQuery-powered accordion if desired
- A few other minor backend improvements and fixes.
Fixes a parameter bug that prevented users from restricting the number of FAQ’s returned for display
Fix undefined variable bug that would show up when no FAQ groups were used
Updated the metabox script to the latest release. This resolves some content editor bugs that may pop up in certain configurations.
- Updated plugin to be better integrated with WP 3.8 dashboard
- Added support for ‚menu order‘, which allows for custom ordering of FAQ items without the need for another plugin. Supports custom ordering within groups as well.
- Other miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes
Fixed a syntax error
- Resolves a conflict with themes from WooThemes that prevented users from inserting media into the editor
- Fixes an error with the Return to Top link introduced in 1.3.0
- Updated toggle script to be compatible with WordPress 3.6
- Added another checkbox to the FAQ creation screen which allows the user to set the initial state of the FAQ (closed or open)
- The dashboard widget will now only load for administrator users
- Misc fixes and improvements
- Added a „Return to Top“ meta box option for each FAQ. Checking that box will display a link (text overridable via filter) that will return the user to the top of that item
- Supports linking directly to specific FAQ’s via the FAQ title. View the documentation for guidance
- Added additional CSS classes to each FAQ for increased styling options
- Added filters to allow users to prevent the CSS, JS or dashboard widget from loading
- Refactored defaults code to make it easier for power users to override defaults setting
minor fix to allow the user to specify a FAQ group they’d like to display
- Added a „group“ taxonomy for displaying the FAQ items in groups
- Updated the CSS with more inline documentation
- fixed a couple minor bugs
- fixed a critical bug in the shortcode
- fixed a display bug which caused all faq’s to be loaded before any content
- Show all FAQs and no longer paginate (overridable in the shortcode)
- fix broken dashboard widget
- version bump to add readme.txt and screenshots
- Initial Release