The Schema.org markup can help search engines and other crawlers understand better what your site and content is about. The Yoast SEO plugin does an amazing job of generating that markup.
But sometimes the markup generated by the Yoast plugin is not enough. There are some niche structures, that would not make sense to be implemented in a big plugin, as most of the users would not use those features. Any may be confused by their existence.
This is why this plugin exists. In this plugin we can add fun, useful and experimental Schema.org markup, that better describes what content is available on the site and what that content is about.
You can select another WordPress user in a user profile that is then marked as a spouse of that user. Be advised, this connection is not bidirectional.
Make this better
If you have any ideas for Schema.org extensions you want to see in this plugin, don’t hesitate and contact us. Twitter, Github, the WordPress.org Support Forums, just write your idea down! Your input is very appreciated.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‚Plugins > Add New‘
- Search for ‚Schema Extensions for Yoast SEO by WP Munich‘
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
- Upload the ‚wpm-schema‘ folder to the
- Activate ‚wpm-schema‘ through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
Why does this plugin exist?
I wrote this plugin, because I wanted to tell Google who my wife is. The ‚spouse‘ markup was the first extension and with that came the thought, that other useful extensions might be available.
Will this plugin work without Yoast SEO?
No. This plugin builds on the amazing code developed by the Yoast Team and is a deliberate extension to their efforts.
Pro tento plugin nejsou žádné recenze.
Schema Extensions for Yoast SEO by WP Munich je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
Zajímá vás vývoj?
- Update the plugin name to signal, that this plugin is useless without Yoast SEO. (Thank you, Team Yoast!)
- Fix an issue with the Spouse marup, where the wrong image would be attached to the spouse
- Public release on WordPress.org
- Added the honorific title extension
- Escaping & Security
- Initial release
- Added the spouse extension