Shiny Updates is a WordPress Core Feature Plugin.
It replaces The Bleak Screen of Sadness™ (example) with a simpler and more straight forward experience when installing, updating, and deleting plugins and themes.
Progress updates for these actions don’t add a benefit, they are disruptive and confusing. Shiny Updates deals with these details behind the scenes, leaving users with clear actions and results.
Development for this plugin takes place at GitHub.
To report bugs or feature requests, please use Github issues.
- If you have any themes or plugins that need updating, update them. If you don’t have any that need updating, you can edit the them and change the version number to something older. Once saved, they will show as needing an update.
- Update one specific item, a theme or a plugin.
- Try updating all items in the table.
- Share your feedback. Or if you found a bug, create an issue on GitHub.
- What were the noticeable differences in the new install/update/activate/delete process compared to the old one without Shiny Updates?
- How did installing and activating a plugin or theme go? Was it difficult or easy? Was it faster or slower than expected?
- Do you have any further comments or suggestions?
What a nicer experience with plugins!
Thanks for this awesome plugin. This should be the regular way to use the plugin section!
I can’t understand any rating below 5 stars.
I was really hoping this would have ability to roll-back an install or update.
Never mind, I’ll keep dreaming …
I really like this plugin. It saves a lot of time.
I do miss the ability to immediately activate a plugin once it’s installed.
But it’s definitely faster. To install new plugins.
Keep up the good work.
Nice and should be in the core.
Not sure if it shows errors if an install goes wrong, does it?
Overall it is good but need email notification and individual theme/plugin enable/disable updates
“Shiny Updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Autoři