The plugin allows developers/users to display a meta field as a block on the frontend, supporting ACF fields. It can be nested inside a parent block that has ‚postId‘, ‚postType‘ context such as ‚Query Block‘ or stand-alone.
If this plugin is useful for you, please do a quick review and rate it on WordPress.org to help it spread to more people. I would very much appreciate it.
Please check out my other plugins if you’re interested:
- Content Blocks Builder – A tool to create blocks, patterns or variations easily for your site directly on the Block Editor.
- Block Enhancements – A plugin to add more useful features to blocks likes: icons, box-shadow, transform…
- Icon separator – A tiny block just like the core/separator block but with the ability to add an icon to it.
- SVG Block – A block to insert inline SVG images easily and safely. It also bundles with more than 3000 icons and some common non-rectangular dividers.
- Counting Number Block – A block to display a number that has the number-counting effect.
- Breadcrumb Block – A simple breadcrumb trail block that supports JSON-LD structured data.
The plugin is developed using @wordpress/create-block.
Tento plugin poskytuje 1 blok.
- Meta Field Block Display a meta field as a block on frontend, supporting ACF fields.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/meta-field-blockdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ screen in WordPress
Who needs this plugin?
This plugin is created for developers, but end users can also use it.
Does it support inputting and saving meta value?
No, It does not. It only displays meta fields as blocks.
Does it support all types of meta fields?
Only simple types such as string, integer, or number can be used directly. Other complex types such as object, array need to be converted to HTML markup strings.
Does it support all types of ACF fields?
All basic field types that can be retrieved value by the get_field or the_field functions. Some complex field types like image, link, page_link, post_object, relationship, and taxonomy are also supported.
Does it include some style for the meta field?
The block does not provide any CSS style for the meta field value. But it does provide a basic display inline style from the settings.
Does it support other meta field frameworks?
Yes, it does as long as those meta fields can be accessed value via REST API.
Meta Field Block je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
Release Date – 15 Sep 2022
- FIX – Change the textdomain to the plugin slug
Release Date – 10 Sep 2022
- FIX – Wrong handle for wp_set_script_translations. Thanks to Loïc Antignac (@webaxones)
Release Date – 07 Sep 2022
- FIX – Add a null check for meta fields value before accessing it’s property
Release Date – 25 Jun 2022
- DEV – Add an option to show the block’s outline on the Editor
Release Date – 21 Jun 2022
- DEV – Display the placeholder text on the template context
Release Date – 02 May 2022
- DEV – Support displaying some field types for ACF such as image, link, page_link, post_object, relationship, taxonomy
Release Date – 30 April 2022
- DEV – Add supports for borders, and full typography options
Release Date – 28 April 2022
- DEV – Add the title to block registration in JS
- REFACTOR source code
Release Date – 23 March 2022
- FIX – The block does not work in the site editor.
Release Date – 22 February 2022