Business Directory Plugin is the perfect solution for professionals who are looking for a simple directory website builder for WordPress! If you’re not tech savvy, no worries. You can quickly get started by installing this simple plugin. It doesn’t require any developer knowledge whatsoever on your end.
The Best Business Directory Plugin for WordPress
You’ve found the most popular, versatile, and easy to use WordPress directory plugin available. Increase interaction on your WordPress site, improve customer retention and add a generate revenue with our WordPress business directory plugin!
Our easy WordPress directory plugin allows you to take the listings you want and build a local directory, simple directory of providers, a real estate listings site, a Yellow-Pages directory, a Yelp clone with review sections, an address book directory, a book review site (like Goodreads), and much more.
Not only can you create business listings, but you can also build any other kind of listings directory. Build a team or employee directory, company directory, medical directory, and other web directory sites with our easy listing plugin.
Need a classifieds listings site? Try Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin – AWPCP.
Get Simple Listing Solutions
Here are just a few things our community is doing to build connections, help communities, and grow traffic with our directory website builder:
- Start a listing manager service for providers. (Like counselors, plumbers, electricians, house cleaning, locksmiths, therapists, wedding vendors, veterinarians, consultants, photographers, artists, authors, etc.)
- Make a Yelp-clone with reviews to connect travelers to hotels, tours, local businesses, and other visitor attractions.
- Help people find resources for a city or small community. (Like sporting club listings, a church directory, local farms with produce, and Chamber of Commerce.)
- Advertise businesses & sell listings to the owners.
- Offer listings as a membership feature.
- Help students make connections to study groups and an academic staff directory.
Create an online directory to become the “go to” source of your niche. Download Business Directory Plugin for WordPress now. It’s fast, easy, and flexible.
Free WordPress Listing Plugin Features
See all WordPress listing plugin features.
- Fully customizable form fields to submit listings
- Upload images per listing, allow restricted numbers of images based on fee plan
- Lots of image options: drag and drop image uploads, easy image ordering, primary image settings, thumbnail sizing and more
- Accept paid or free listings with Authorize.net
- Full support for recurring payments
- Allow for featured/sticky listings for an upgrade fee
- Widgets for Featured, Latest and Random listings, and a Search widget.
- Create multiple fee plans, which can be assigned to categories for posting
- Built in CSV import and export for easy directory listing creation
- Avoid spam listings with ReCaptcha
- Sorting options for categories, listings, and front-end for users to choose sort order
- Users who post can edit listings without access to the WP dashboard. Our directory software is a great listing manager.
- SEO Friendly using Yoast SEO, Rank Math, or All in One SEO
- Quick-search and sorting bar for listings for simple directory searches
- Advanced search screen with ability to show/hide fields available for search
- Mobile-friendly, responsive support when installed with a responsive theme
- Multilingual directories with WPML
- Integrates with popular plugins like NavXT Breadcrumbs and WP-PageNavi for easy use
Professional Directory Software Add-ons
Create an easy directory with more functionality with extra add-ons.
For a detailed list of features, please visit: BusinessDirectoryPlugin.com
- File Upload – Allow users to upload and manage attachments on listings. Include PDFs, text files, and images in business listings.
- Featured Levels – Assign features to paid or sticky listing plans to give users incentive to upgrade.
- ZIP Code Search – ZIP code/postal code radius and proximity searches supporting a number of countries.
- Regions – Location based listing result filtering.
- Ratings and Reviews – Create reviews with connections to each listing to rate listings (with Schema.org microformat). It’s a WordPress review plugin!
- Google Maps – Display the geo location of the listing for a geo directory (categories, search, details — with custom map sizes)
- Discount Codes – Ability to offer discount codes based on a % or fixed amount with expirations.
- Claim Listings – Post claimable listings that other users can pay (or not) to claim.
- Enhanced Categories – Display images or icons with categories, with Parent-Child Categories.
Payment Gateways for Paid Listings (Premium)
- Stripe Gateway – Accept paid listings with Stripe payments.
- PayPal Gateway – Accept payments using PayPal.
- PayFast Gateway – Accept payments using PayFast.
- Authorize.net Gateway.
Premium Directory Themes
Transform your WP directory site the easy way with a few clicks. Our business directory templates are designed not to take over as a full WordPress theme.
- Elegant Grid Theme
- Modern Theme
- Business Card Theme
- Tabbed Theme
- Elegant Theme
- Mobile Compact Theme
- Restaurant Directory Theme
Please see our detailed Installation Guide for instructions on how to get going quickly with our business directory software.
Full documentation is also available.
What types of directories can I build?
Our directory website builder software combined with our add-on modules is the most powerful directory plugin on the market. The options are limitless. Here are a few types of directories you can create:
- Business listings
- Company directory
- Team directory
- Member directory
- Staff directory / Employee directory
- Hotel directory
- Medical directory
- Restaurant directory
- Church directory
- Travel review directories
- Software review sites
- Professional directory
- Local provider listings (like a Yelp clone)
- A Yellow Pages directory
- Online magazine listings
- Website listings
- Book review sites
Can I accept paid and free listings?
Yes it can. You can do this by creating fee plans for 0.00 and some other paid amount at the same time.
Do you have video tutorials for building WordPress directories?
Yes we do. They can be found here.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
Our WP directory plugin will work with any well-written, WP compliant theme. Generally speaking, paid themes tend to be higher quality than free ones.
Whatever theme you pick, we recommend using the Theme Check plugin (available for free on WordPress.org) to validate a theme. The more errors and warnings you see on the theme when you run that check, the worse the theme is. You can read more about it at https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/
Can I translate my web directories?
Yes! We offer many user-provided translations under the /languages folder. It is already available in the following languages:
And you can also easily translate it yourself.
Is this plugin compatible with WordPress Multisite (WPMU)?
Yes it is. However, you cannot „network activate“ the plugin (as this will share the database). Activate it on only the sub sites you need it.
This can be done under Plugins -> Add New as the Administrator user. Do not „network activate“ as the „super admin“.
Business Directory Plugin – Easy Listing Directories for WordPress je otevřený software. Následující lidé přispěli k vývoji tohoto pluginu.Spolupracovníci
Plugin „Business Directory Plugin – Easy Listing Directories for WordPress“ byl přeložen do 1 jazyku. Děkujeme všem překladatelům za jejich pomoc.
Zajímá vás vývoj?
- Fix: The message to create a page on install wasn’t updating when it was successful.
- Fix: Exclude admin test fees in the stats for the plan total amount collected.
- Fix: Show ‚0.00‘ for free listings rather than ‚Free‘.
- Fix: The Divi page builder was showing errors when editing listing pages.
- Remove colons and use space instead after a label in a listing. Colons can be added manually using the wpbdp_display_field_label hook if desired.
- Added wpbdp_display_field_wrapper_classes hook to add extra classes to a field wrapper.
- Fix: Get rid of button styling on delete link so it shows as a red link instead of a button.
- Fix: Make the featured banner work better by not pushing content around. Now it overlaps the image.
- Add a bit more caching and a performance lift.
- Fix: If a second page is added with the businessdirectory shortcode, use the most recent page. Also, ignore a page with the shortcode if it’s in the trash.
- Fix: The database upgrade wasn’t always getting marked as complete, and was running multiple times.
- Improve front-end performance by only resizing images at the time they are uploaded. Now WordPress handles all the image resizing.
- Clean up the images settings page. Removed the ‚Number of free images‘ and ‚Listing duration for no-fee sites‘ settings since they are included in the plan settings.
- Fix: Remove outdated integration code with Yoast SEO. This was causing errors on some sites.
- Fix: Prevent admins from uploading more images than the listing allows.
- Fix: When the plan selector was used in other places, the buttons didn’t always have labels.
- Code update: Errors for a field returned by the wpbdp_listing_submit_validate_field will be shown with the field.
- Fix: Sites without a field selected for the address were getting errors.
- New: When the number of images on a plan changes, offer the option to update the image limit on existing listings.
- New: Update the plan table to include the number of listings and amount earned.
- In the default theme, combine the address fields into one section on the excerpt page.
- Stop loading the external Font Awesome css, and use a Font Awesome plugin for WordPress instead.
- Switch to current standards for WordPress admin notices.
- Fix: Some widget settings weren’t getting saved.
- Remove the option to set a height for category multiselect fields since it wasn’t being used.